OHOW’s Favorite Mediterranean Salmon Recipe
Mediterranean Salmon is a refreshing and simple summer meal. Plus, this is a perfect recipe for entertaining. You can prep all of your ingredients ahead of time. When your guests arrive, all you have to do is grill your salmon. You will be ready to serve in minutes!
- 4 6-8 oz. Copper River filets, skin off, or wild caught salmon of your choice
- 1 tbsp dry oregano
- 2 cloves fresh garlic minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virigin
- 1 lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- fresh cracked black pepper to tast
- 1 lb traditional hummus
- 1 cup Roma tomatoes diced
- 2/3 cup Kalamata olives chopped, pitted
- 1 cucumber diced
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbled
- 4 pita bread cut into 4 wedges, grill off
- 4 ounces fresh arugula
- 1/4 cup olive oil extra virgin
Mix all of the salmon ingredients and cover salmon filets. Let marinate for about a half hour.
Start the grill and heat to about 400 degrees. While the salmon is marinating, begin to assemble plates.
On a hot 400 degree grill, the salmon should take about 3 minutes to cook on each side.
Assembling plates: This is the creative part of the dish. On the hummus covered plates, arrange small mounds of the diced and chopped vegetables around the perimeter of the plate.
In the center of each plate place the grilled salmon and on top of each salmon place 1oz of fresh arugula and arrange grilled pita wedges on the four corners of the plate.
When the plate is arranged the way you like it, drizzle the entire plate with a small amount of olive oil and crumble feta cheese. Serve and enjoy!