OHOW’s Favorite Hoisin Glazed Salmon
Staying healthy doesn’t always mean compromising. Our Favorite Hoisin Glazed Salmon recipe is the perfect balance of delicious and healthy. Salmon is a nutritious source of omega-3 fatty acids, protein, and other nutrients such as Vitamin B and potassium. Many sources agree that salmon in moderate amounts is a fantastic health food that can help improve heart function, lower blood pressure, and reduce inflammation. Plus, it promotes healthy skin and hair. A bonus of our dish is that it’s quick and easy to prepare.
“This simple yet elegant dish is a perfect quick meal. Plus, it’s pretty darn healthy!” Chef Mike said.
You begin by whisking together your salmon marinade consisting of hoisin sauce, lemon juice, fresh ginger, and honey. Coat your salmon thoroughly with the marinade, cover the pan with plastic wrap, and allow it to soak up the flavor for about 30 minutes in the refrigerator. During this time, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. You can also begin to prepare your side dishes to make this a well-balanced meal.
When 30 minutes have passed, remove the plastic wrap and place the pan on the center rack of the oven for about 20-30 minutes. You’ll know it’s finished when the salmon easily flakes apart with a fork.
Top the filet with toasted sesame seeds and serve with your favorite sides. We love to pair our Hoisin Glazed Salmon dish with a bed of wilted spinach and a side of jasmine rice.
OHOW’s Favorite Hoisin Glazed Salmon with Wilted Spinach and Jasmine Rice
- 1/4 cup Hoisin Sauce Chef Mike uses Lee Kum Kee Brand
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp Fresh Grated Ginger
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 6 8 oz Skinless Boneless Salmon Filets Chef Mike uses Fresh Copper River Salmon
- 1 tsp Toasted Sesame Seeds For garnish
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- Whisk together hoisin sauce, lemon juice, fresh ginger and honey. In a 9 by 13 inch glass baking dish, pour in olive oil and spread evenly on the bottom of the pan. Place salmon in the baking pan skin side down and coat each filet of salmon with hoisin mixture. Cover with plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Remove the plastic wrap and place on the center rack of the oven for about 20-30 minutes. The salmon will be easy to flake apart with a fork.
- Sprinkle toasted sesame seeds over the top and serve over a bed of wilted spinach with a side of jasmine rice.