At the Orthopaedic Hospital of Wisconsin, you can approach your surgery with confidence knowing that we perform more ACL reconstructions, rotator cuff repairs, arthroscopic knee procedures, and carpal tunnel surgeries than any other hospital in Southeastern Wisconsin.
OHOW is the only free-standing hospital in the region fully dedicated to orthopaedic care, performing more than 10,000 procedures each year. So many people choose us because of our proven skill and outcomes, but also because they want a superior experience provided by a team whose compassion matches our expertise.
Your Peace of Mind Is Our Top Priority
We understand that pre-surgery anxiety is natural, and we go above and beyond to put your mind at ease.
What sets us apart:
- We give you as much time as you need, pre-surgery, to direct questions and concerns to your anesthesiologist, surgeon and nurses.
- We start work with you days in advance of your surgery – not just the day of – to ensure you feel confident about every aspect of your procedure, from anesthesia to post-surgery comfort measures.
- Our pre-op area is designed specifically for your comfort before surgery. Our patients tell us that this calming environment makes a huge difference
- You walk to surgery with your nurse, unless you have a medical condition that prevents you from doing so. It’s a component of our healthy patient philosophy: you are part of our team.
- You will have an opportunity to chat with your surgical team in the operating room prior to surgery – just another way to put your mind at ease.