OHOW’s Smoked Salmon Spread with Capers Recipe for Easy Entertaining
One of our most popular recipes at The Orthopaedic Hospital of Wisconsin is our smoked salmon spread. It’s perfect for easy entertaining, a family gathering, or a simple appetizer. This smoked salmon spread is ideal for potlucks too.
This smoked salmon spread is packed with flavor and simple to make. Try this delicious recipe for your next party or get-together to craft a dip that even the pickiest of guests will enjoy. You can even enjoy it as a light and festive dinner!
Smoked Salmon Spread with Capers
- 1 lb. skinless smoked salmon fillet (or poached and chilled fresh salmon)
- ¼ cup finely chopped tomato
- 1 oz. finely sliced green onion (about 3 stalks of green onion with roots removed)
- 1 tbsp. capers (strain out the pickling juice)
- juice from 1/2 of a lemon
- 3 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh dill
- salt and freshly ground pepper (to taste)
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 drops hot sauce
- In a food processor, add cream, cream cheese, and mayonnaise and blend until smooth. (Do not over-process). Add chopped dill, hot sauce, and lemon juice to the mixture. Remove from the food processor and place in a 2-quart mixing bowl. Fold in cooked salmon, capers, tomato, and green onion. Season with kosher salt and ground black pepper.
- Chill for about 1 hour before serving. Serve spread in a chilled serving bowl surrounded by your favorite crackers, flatbread, or thinly sliced French baguette. Garnish spread with remaining dill sprigs.