OHOW’s Pecan Pumpkin Cookies with Orange Glaze
With fall in full swing, it’s time to make pumpkin flavored everything! These orange and pecan pumpkin cookies from the OHOW kitchen make the earthy flavors of Fall come alive with cinnamon, cardamon, toasted pecans, and, of course, pumpkin. Add a bright and zingy orange glaze to deliciously top off these Fall pumpkin cookies.
This pumpkin cookie recipe yields 3 dozen cookies, but they’re so good you won’t want to share!
“During trick or treat, give the kids candy or a toothbrush,” OHOW Chef Mike said. “But keep the orange-pecan pumpkin cookies for yourself.”
How to Make OHOW’s Orange and Pecan Pumpkin Cookies
Before preparing your pecan pumpkin cookies, preheat your oven to 350°F and line your baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
To start the dough, combine the dry ingredients and spices. Next, in a separate bowl, cream together the butter and sugar. Add the pumpkin, egg, and vanilla to the butter mixture and mix until well combined and creamy. Next, add the dry ingredients to create your pumpkin cookie dough!
Use about 1 ½ tablespoons of dough to form one cookie. Space the cookies out evenly and flatten the cookies before baking for about 12-15 minutes.
While the pecan pumpkin cookies are in the oven, make the zesty orange glaze. Combine confectioners sugar, milk, melted butter, and vanilla. Add more milk and orange zest as needed to achieve your desired glaze consistency.
When the pumpkin cookies are out of the oven and slightly cooled, dip the top of each cookie into the glaze and dust them with toasted pecans. Allow glaze to firm up before serving, and enjoy!
You can’t go wrong with a deliciously Fall pumpkin cookie recipe! Keep OHOW’s orange and pecan pumpkin cookie recipe on hand for holiday cookie exchanges and pair with a warm mug of hot cider or hot chocolate for the perfect festive Fall treat.
OHOW’s Orange and Pecan Pumpkin Cookie
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp ground cardamom
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- The zest of one orange
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans
Orange Glaze Ingredients
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp tablespoons milk
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Zest of one orange
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cardamom and cinnamon, and salt; set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, or in a large bowl with an electric mixer, cream together the butter and sugars. Add pumpkin, egg, and vanilla to the butter mixture. Beat on medium speed until fully incorporated and creamy. Slowly add in dry ingredients and mix until combined. Using a medium cookie scoop (1 1/2 tablespoons), drop dough onto prepared cookie sheets. Spray the bottom of a glass with nonstick cooking spray and ever so slightly, flatten the tops of the cookies.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes. Allow cookies to cool on the pan for a few minutes before removing them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To Make the Orange Glaze: Combine confectioners' sugar, milk, melted butter, and vanilla. Add milk as needed and orange zest to achieve glaze consistency.
- Place a piece of parchment or wax paper on your work surface and place a wire rack on top of the paper. Dip the top of each cookie into the glaze and place the cookie onto the wire rack allowing the glaze to drizzle down the sides of the cookie and dust with toasted pecans. Allow glaze to firm up before serving.