OHOW’s Holiday Brie en Croûte
With holiday festivities picking back up this year, having a delicious and simple appetizer recipe on hand is crucial. Look no further than OHOW’s Favorite Holiday Brie en Croûte! This tasty dish brings together all of your favorite parts of a charcuterie board into one bite. With baked brie cheese, jam, and nuts baked into a fluffy puff pastry, this appetizer will bring delight to any holiday gathering.
“Now that the holidays are upon us, it’s time to get that warm and cheesy feeling once more,” OHOW Chef Mike said.
How to make OHOW’s Holiday Brie en Croûte
To begin, you’ll start working with the light and fluffy puff pastry. To make the process simple, purchase pre-made puff pastry in the dessert section of the grocery store. Begin by preheating your oven to 400 degrees. Next, beat egg and water together in a small bowl with a fork to create a simple egg wash.
Then, unfold the puff pastry sheet on a lightly flour-dusted surface and roll it out into about a 14-inch square. Cut off the edges of the sheet to create a circular shape. Next, place the jam of your choice (we like fig or apricot), toasted pecans, and almonds in the center of the circle. Place your delicious cheese wheel directly on top.
Brush the edges of the pastry with your egg wash. Fold up the pastry to cover the brie round and flip it over onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Before it goes in the oven, brush the pastry with your egg wash.
Bake your pastry for about 25 minutes or until it turns golden brown. Let the pastry cool for about 30 minutes before placing it onto your serving dish and garnish with watercress or parsley. Then dip into your cheese with toasted baguettes or your favorite crackers, and enjoy!
OHOW’s Holiday Brie en Croute
- 8 oz. puff pastry thawed
- 1 lb wheel brie cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 cup slivered toasted almonds
- 1/4 cup apricot or fig jam
- 1 box cracker of your choice or thin slices of toasted baguette
- For the garnish flat leaf parsley or watercress
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Beat egg and water together in a small bowl with a fork.
- Unfold the pastry sheet on a lightly flour dusted surface. Roll out the puff pastry into about a 14 inch square and cut off the edges to form a more circular shape. Place 1/4 cup of fig jam or apricot jam in the center of the circle with ¼ cup toasted pecans and almonds then place the cheese round directly on top. Brush the edges of the pastry with the egg mixture. Fold the pastry up and over the brie round and flip over to a parchment lined baking sheet (use the excess pieces of puff pastry as a decorative garnish. Brush the entire pastry with the egg and water mixture.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown in color.
- Let the pastry cool down for about 30 minutes. Remove from the baking sheet and place on a serving dish or small platter garnish with watercress or parsley and serve with toasted baguettes or crackers.