OHOW’s Favorite Grilled Chicken Club Sandwich
In need of a quick, easy, and flavorful meal that is perfectly refreshing? Try our recipe for OHOW’s Favorite Grilled Chicken Club Sandwich! This recipe elevates a simple grilled chicken sandwich into a satisfying meal by adding roasted Anaheim chili pepper, fresh avocado, Monterey jack pepper cheese, refreshing cilantro, and thick-cut bacon.
“Fresh flavor and mild heat from Anaheim pepper with the creaminess of the fresh avocado make this a winning sandwich combination that everyone will enjoy!” Chef Mike Wolf said.
Start this simple recipe by preparing and seasoning your chicken breast and preheating your grill. Next, roast your Anaheim chili pepper. Brush the pepper with olive oil and place it on the grill. Once the skin starts to char and turn slightly black, remove it from the grill. Place the pepper in a heat-safe bowl, and cover for about 10 minutes. The skin should rinse right off, and the pepper should be soft and ready to cut up.
Then, grill your chicken until it is no longer pink in the middle, around 7 minutes. Once cooked, place your cheese on your chicken breast to allow it to melt. Toast off slices of sourdough bread and assemble your sandwich with your Anaheim pepper, avocado, cilantro, lettuce, tomato, bacon, and a bit of mayonnaise. Enjoy your grilled chicken club sandwich with a side of chips, fresh fruit, or fresh vegetables and dip!
OHOW’s Favorite Grilled California Chicken Club Sandwich
- 2 pounds Chicken breasts, trimmed and cut Lightly pounded and cut into 4 pieces
- 1 tbsp Fresh garlic minced
- 1/2 cup Cilantro Chopped
- 1/4 cup Extra virgin olive oil
- 4 slices Monterey Jack Pepper cheese
- 8 slices Thick-sliced bacon Cooked
- Anaheim green chili pepper Roasted, cooled, and diced into 1/4 inch pieces
- 4 tbsp Heavy mayonnaise
- 8 slices Sourdough bread
- Lettuce, avocado sliced and tomato sliced
- Kosher salt To taste
- Place chicken breast between two pieces of plastic wrap. Pound with a rolling pin until an even thickness.
- Slice each piece in half, so you have four chicken breast pieces.
- Season with garlic, cilantro and brush with olive oil.
- Preheat the grill to medium heat. Cook over medium heat until chicken no longer pink (depending on the thickness about 7 minutes).
- Remove from heat and place cheese on each chicken breast.
- Toast sourdough bread, and top with chicken, bacon, diced chilies, mayonnaise, avocado, lettuce and tomato.